Delivery Manager- Medical Coding Training and Education
Begin your leadership journey with Access Healthcare as a Delivery Manager for Medical Coding Training.
This position reports into the Sr. Manager of Implementation, Training, and Education within Access Healthcare’s Medical Coding team and is accountable for the delivery of training and education programs for all coding services, following the organization’s compliance policy for oversight and delivery of coding services. The role requires a strong understanding of each client’s coding processes, systems, guidelines, and contractual requirements to build appropriate training programs aligned to the needs of the coding services delivery and quality assurance teams.
This position will oversee the delivery of medical coding education programs across the inpatient, outpatient and emergency department coding teams for both new and existing customers. All the trainers in the Coding team will report to this position.
Work Location: Chennai
- Development and delivery of medical coding Education programs:
- Develop a comprehensive Medical Coding Education program across inpatient, outpatient, and emergency department coding teams for all coding team members.
- Coordinate and oversee the development and delivery of medical coding training curriculum and modules in line with client specific requirements.
- Work in collaboration with the delivery team to build training modules as the client specific needs arise.
- Remain abreast of all developments in the medical coding and records field, especially as they apply to coding, reimbursement, and clinical database developments /changes affecting all Access Healthcare customers.
- Provide ongoing updates and keep the training content updates.
Responsible for project-specific training:
- Work with delivery team and clients in shadow training and knowledge transfer of new processes/ projects.
- Participate in client calls and understand client’s requirements from the delivery point of view.
- Conduct effective new hire inductions and orientation sessions for medical coding team.
- Review post-training performance of the trainees with the client and ensure if the client requirements are met.
- Response to coding queries and research on coding trends from time-to-time.
- Certification and Continuing Education:
- Take ownership of organization’s coding team certification goals by preparing and mentoring the coders for the different certification programs.
- Liaise with certification bodies such as AAPC and AHIMA to determine a certification calendar for access Healthcare’s team of medical coders.
- Work under the guidance of coding delivery leadership and in collaboration with the Compliance and audit teams, to prepare periodic training modules.
- Drive process improvement methodologies to provide a continuous education program for the coders; this will increase awareness for certified coders to keep the education going and earn CEUs and the non-certified coders a path to certification.
- Quality Assurance
- Support achievement of process-specific quality objectives through analysis of error trends and patterns, identifying knowledge gaps and addressing them through remedial training interventions.
- Focus on achieving delivery excellence through training
- Participate in ongoing quality calibration calls with customers to bridge the gap in terms of any quality issues identified
- Transition of New Coding projects:
- Work in liaison with delivery and transition leaders to ensure successful implementation of coding services for all new coding clients by participating in knowledge transfer activities.
- Ensure accuracy of new implementations as dependent on the training and education provided.
- Review and monitor day-to-day training activities and Service Level Agreements related to training deliveries.
- Review training team performance and to manage their development.
- Work with hiring team to identify and hire right skill set for the training team as well as for coding operations.
- Provide Leadership to Coding Training team:
- Responsible for staff management to include employee engagement, training, education and retention.
- Set goals/ KRAs for the Medical Coding trainers and provide mentorship to achieve the same.
- Provide Thought Leadership
- roven ability to act as a knowledge leader for coding services delivery and comes across as a strong subject matter expert.
- Participate in developing thought leadership and showcase examples
knowledge and skills
- Strong knowledge of Coding domains- inpatient, outpatient, emergency department services.
- Experience of working across medical specialties, transition and operations will be an advantage.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent relationship building and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment and high pressurized work environment
- Leadership and Organizational Skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities/abilities.
- Hands-on person who can provide leadership, direction, and hands-on coding education, training, auditing and quality reviews.
- Temperament and ability to work without supervision and to exercise independent judgment in problem-solving and determining action(s) to be taken in emergency/critical situations.
- Excellent organizational skills for initiation and maintenance of efficient workflows.
- Must be comfortable in setting goals for self and for the team.
- Proficient in organizing multiple tasks and projects and maintaining control of own and others’ workflow
- Creative thinking and communication
- Creative Thinking: Develop new ways of delivering effective training to bridge the gap between the clients’ world and coders’ world.
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills, ability to communicate verbally with all levels of associates, management, and customer.
- Ability to create content and messages that are clear, compelling and relevant to internal and external customers. Communicating in an engaging manner through dialogue, presentations and written documents. Includes the ability to write effective emails and letters, conduct productive meetings and maintain a mutual dialogue with customer executives.
- Compliance and Quality orientation
- Ability to adhere to corporate, regional, hospital/physician practice (customer) and departmental policies and procedures.
- Complies with all industry policies and procedures that pertain to HIPAA and create an effective coding compliance plan
Education, experience, and licensure
Minimum requirement of bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Must have a minimum 10 years’ experience in medical coding processes in various specialties and a significant portion of it with training and onboarding new services for existing and new clients.
- Must have experience leading teams with parallel objectives to meet the organization’s needs for the coding efficiency across a variety of clients/accounts.
- Must have 3 years’ experience in putting training programs and plans in place.
- Certifications in coding from AHIMA/AAPC with one or more of the following credentials such CCS, CPC or other AHIMA/AAPC recognized certifications.
- Travel from time-to-time to customer offices and offshore delivery centres
- An attractive package will be crafted for the right candidate
About Access Healthcare
Access Healthcare provides business process outsourcing and applications services, and robotic process automation tools to healthcare providers, payers, and related service providers. We operate from 12 delivery centres in the US, India and the Philippines, and our 8,000+ staff is committed to bringing revenue cycle excellence to our customers by leveraging technology, emerging best practices, and global delivery. To learn more about Access Healthcare, visit accesshealthcare.com.