Director - Business Excellence
The Director for Business Excellence will be responsible for strategic continuous improvement and automation initiatives across operations and corporate functions. The individual will be responsible for defining the performance and results for the business excellence function. This position reports to the head of quality & business excellence.
WORK LOCATION: CHENNAI INDIA
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for strategic initiatives
- Drive improvement initiatives such as automation projects, business process re-engineering through Lean, Six Sigma and other result-oriented improvements
- Drive growth initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.
- Drive global projects to support customer and deliver value propositions
- Drive business excellence efforts for large-scale multi-location global projects
- Responsible for maximizing quality and efficiency
- Lead/ improve high impact projects and workshops using Lean/Six Sigma tenets/tools and deliver business impact in terms of cost savings, improved client satisfaction, improved compliance etc.
- Drive workshops with internal and external stakeholders to identify robotic process automation opportunities in business processes and BPO service delivery
- Drive continuous improvement DNA within the client account(s) by training staff on Green Belt/ Yellow Belt/ Lean frameworks and facilitate grass root level improvements
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards
- Drive analytics projects to help drive data-based decision making by business heads
- Ensure calibration of the quality of service and leverage data-driven analysis for process improvements
- Manage all client interactions related to business excellence
- Drive RCA on client escalations and recommend permanent process fixes
- Drive process risk analysis and set-up early warning systems for critical business processes and BPO service delivery
- Engage in new transitions (as part of PMO team) to help define quality assurance and continuous improvement processes prior to the migration of the processes
- Responsible for implementation and monitoring results
- Ability to provide directions to operation teams to identify and implement process improvements and to support required automation
- Lead six sigma competency building by providing training and mentoring six sigma projects
- Ability to run improvement projects across Access Healthcare and ensure implementation of projects on-time with desired quality and compliance, and within the budget
- Responsible for quality team management and change
- Train and mentor Black Belts, Green Belts and Yellow Belts across multiple delivery centers. Ensure engagement of Business Excellence team members by good people management practices, within the framework of policies and procedures defined by the organization
- Responsible for conducting internal and external reviews, and periodical assessments
- Budget Management
- Prepare budgetary recommendation that meets departmental goals and provide effective management of resources
- Authorizing expenditures within the allowed financial limits in line with organization’s financial regulations
- 10-15 years of experience in a BPO/KPO/Healthcare services with minimum 8 years’ experience in Business Excellence role
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt from a reputed certification body like ISI, ASQ, Benchmark Six Sigma, leading corporates etc.
- Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management experience is preferred, but not a pre-requisite.
STRATEGIC ORIENTATION REQUIRED:
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to identify and analyze organizational developmental needs to create and sustain a high-performing learning culture
- Ability to present suitable solutions to complex organizational problems
- Ability to take calculated risks and be commercially savvy
- Ability to deliver high impact amid complexity, ambiguity and competing priorities independently
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Six Sigma Black Belt certified from reputed institutions like ISI, ASQ, Benchmark, KPMG, etc.
- Working knowledge of LSS tools/tenets like SIPOC, CTQ drill down, swim-lane process mapping, value stream mapping, Measurement System Analysis, Hypothesis testing, Cause-effect matrix, Solution prioritization, SMED, Poka-yoke, FMEA, control charts, control plan etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional learning styles, collaborative training workshops, group dynamics, interactive learning methods, consulting techniques, leadership coaching, conflict resolution, presentation skills and project management.
- Extensive experience with multiple approaches and technologies related to change, performance management, talent management and development initiatives
- Strong project management skills including planning, execution, and follow-through
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Predictive analytics skills to identify risk and challenges and implement corrective actions
- Experiences in driving global /company-wide strategic and transformation projects
- Experience in strong stakeholder management
- Ability to effectively interface with and influence employees/managers/leadership at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional results orientation with demonstrated organization’s interests and customer-centric perspectives
- Flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities and/or organizational needs
- Ability to take timely and meaningful decisions
- Organize and manage inter-dependencies/ contingencies
INTER-PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to provide training to black and green belt programs
- Ability to deliver presentations to large groups at internal events (e.g.: town halls, open house or connect programmes) and at external workshops and conferences.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to interact with and influence leaders at a multitude of levels
- Strong leadership management skills to lead teams under uncertainty, ambiguity, and constant change, yet able to set priorities and deliver to commitments
- 25% of travel
- An attractive package will be crafted for the right candidate
ABOUT ACCESS HEALTHCARE:
Access Healthcare provides business process outsourcing and applications services, and robotic process automation tools to healthcare providers, payers, and related service providers. We operate from 12 delivery centers in the US, India and the Philippines, and our 8,500+ staff is committed to bringing revenue cycle excellence to our customers by leveraging technology, emerging best practices, and global delivery. Based in Dallas, we support over 125,000 physicians, serve 80+ specialties, process over $ 50 billion of A/R annually, and ascribe medical codes to over 10 Million charts annually. To learn more about Access Healthcare, visit accesshealthcare.com.